Founded in 2007, Phone.com, is an award winning tech company, whose mission is to be the world’s most convenient self-service cloud communications platform for entrepreneurs and small companies. Our virtual phone service delivers a complete suite of enterprise-grade, unified, communication services at an SMB price. With offices in both San Diego, California and Newark, New Jersey, our team has built the most robust business communications platform on the planet – an always available, cloud based phone system that grows with our clients’ business.
Our Company is currently looking for a Advanced Care Team (ACT) Specialist to work remotely. In this position we are looking for a candidate who possesses a passion for technology, and the urgency and empathy to quickly/efficiently resolve advanced technically related issues over the phone, slack, and email to our embedded base of customers and business partner. This candidate will be working closely with customers and our business partners (Express Care Team), to resolve more complex issues 24/7/365. In this role, you will get to research some of our most challenging and complex puzzles involving VoIP, MySQL databases, CRM integration, and more.
Our success is predicated on providing excellent service resolution in a timely manner… and our excellent service resolution is predicated on great people.
Among other product responsibilities you will:
- Assist Express Care Team (ECT) and other Call Center Departments with escalated live calls and cases that require immediate review/attention/customer contact by taking transferred calls, monitoring slack channels to provide guidance, etc.
- Conduct troubleshooting reviews with our customers over the phone and resolve their issues as quickly as possible to minimize their downtime and to continually exceed customer expectations
- ACT primary contact strategy will include Phone (Primary), Slack (Primary), Email and Video Conferencing. The expectation is for all non key account customers to be communicated with over the phone, and that all Key Account customers be given the option to Video Conference in an effort to provide a higher level of service/value/connection.
- Within 24 hours of issue resolution email is to be utilized to check on customer, make sure all is working well, and if not, invite to connect
- Clearly identify, isolate, document, and define problems; resolve them in a timely manner when able and escalate them to the appropriate team/owner according to SLA processes
- Complete required project activities, customer follow-up within the defined SLA’s
- Create, Work, document all customer contact, logged phone/email activities inside SalesForce.com.
- Identify and escalate issues to different carriers, ATS Team, Apps, or the Customer Loyalty Team
- Assist customers to configure VoIP devices, Softphones, mobile applications, and network settings
- Assist ECT and all other Call Center Departments with technical questions and provide constructive feedback to supervisors (and above) for training purposes
- Make use of various tools including, but not limited to - VoIPmonitor, Wireshark, MySQL, etc.
- Provide API tokens to vetted customers looking to use Phone.com’s API
- Provide small group quarterly trainings on advanced skills to ECT, and other Call Center Teams
- Update/publish Salesforce.com Knowledge articles to ensure proper troubleshooting steps have been documented for our employees
- Partner with Marketing/Product to ensure proper communication of known issues both upstream/downstream so that we can provide proper visibility to our employees and customers.
- Identify opportunities for training, coaching and development of Call Center Staff
- Become an early warning system for possible impairments, bug, defects
- Advise ECT Agents via Slack as needed to assist with their troubleshooting efforts
- Creating and updating ACT team processes with a focus on any areas of improvement
- Perform special projects as assigned
- On Call duties as needed
- ATS/ACT Contact Expectations
- High school diploma, GED, or college degree
- N+ Certified within 6 months of joining the team
- 1+ years’ VoIP experience
- 1+ years’ experience with tech support
- 1+ years of experience with configuring and troubleshooting local networks
- 1+ years of customer service exp
- Outgoing and social nerd/geek who is passionate about learning new technologies and telling others about their geek exploits
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously, including handling interruptions, and return to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Experience with CRM systems like Salesforce, Zoho, etc
- VOIP experience
- Any VoIP or Network engineering certifications
- Knowledge and troubleshooting of networking equipment like Cisco Routers, firewall routers, and switches
Key Performance Factors:
- Excellent customer service skills. Think Ritz Carlton, Disney, & Southwest (Companies who go out of their way to drive the highest levels of satisfaction)
- Excellent communication/speaking skills: articulate and well spoken
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Highly organized, uses calendars to schedule appointments with customers
- Excellent multi-task skills required
- Methodical & critical thinker
- Comfortable in a fast paced & metrics driven environment (Contact Center).
- Comfortable speaking on the phone/video conference 95% of the time and able to communicate effectively with other teammates, with technical or non-technical skills and with internal teams
- Initiative & a drive to succeed
- Shares our core values to ASPIRE and acts as a role model/mentor for all Call Center Teams!
- Authenticity: We value honesty, transparency, open expression, and a sense of humor. Diverse personalities and backgrounds make our team stronger
- Service: We recognize and reward people who make intentional decisions to help others both inside and outside of the workplace
- Passion: Our peers are emotionally invested in our company’s success and their own personal development
- Innovation: We take calculated risks to constantly improve our products and our processes. The drive for continuous improvement is shared by everyone
- Respect: While we often disagree, we always show due regard to the feelings, wishes, rights, and traditions of others
- Empathy: Seeing the world through the eyes of others is how we create products and services that customers love
We offer exceptional Benefits including:
90% Company Paid Health Insurance for you AND your family!
100% Company Paid Dental insurance
100% Company Paid Vision insurance
Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
401K Retirement Plan
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health, Dependent, and Transportation
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
We offer Additional Perks including:
GrubHub weekly budget for home lunches
A rare opportunity to learn and work with leading-edge technologies in a dynamic, growing environment
A fun & friendly work environment, where your voice matters & you make a difference!
Competitive benefits package and perks
Outstanding paid-time-off (PTO) and paid holidays
Free phone service and Phone.com swag!
If you’d like to be part of a winning, creative team, then come unleash your potential with Phone.com as a Technical Support Specialist, where you’ll be enhancing the lives of our customers and your career.